QUALIFICATIONS AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
I am a Psychodynamic Psychotherapist, holding a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, gained from WPF Therapy in London (certified by Roehampton University). This extended training is highly regarded as one of the best clinical and academic trainings in the UK.
In addition to 6 years of working in with complex mental health problems in the NHS as an Honorary Psychotherapist in London and in Guildford, I have well established private practices in London and Godalming, Surrey. I have worked in a number of different settings primarily with adults and occasionally older adolescents. However, since 2014, my focus has been one-to-one long term psychodynamic psychotherapy with adults in a private practice context.
Other relevant professional development undertaken:
- Foundations of Analytical Psychology (Society of Analytical Psychology SAP)
- Jungian Process and Experiential Group (SAP)
- Transitions: Adolescence into Adulthood working with 18-25 year olds (SAP)
- Mentalization-Based Treatment: Basic Training (Anna Freud Centre)
Other relevant work experiences are:
* Hospice counsellor, supporting people and their families at the end of life and with bereavement.
* Doula, working with mothers and fathers in the build up to birth and beyond; as well as processing the birth experience.
* Wilderness based therapeutic experiences, including vision quests and rites of passage for young people.
Member BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council)
Member UKCP (Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College)
Member FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling)
I abide by and comply with the professional ethics of these organisations.
I am also a member of the Guildford Centre for Psychotherapy
I have a BSocSci (UCT, South Africa) and a MSc in Development Planning (WITS, South Africa).